The unstable rise in the prices of global fuel prices, and the catastrophic impacts of global warming, has resulted in a gradual shift from fossil fueled applications, to a more environmentally friendly, and performance oriented vehicle manufacture in the automotive industry.
Technologies like these differs in their systems of operations from the conventional petrol/diesel powered internal combustion applications.
Hybrid vehicles operate employing two energy sources: an electric motor, and petrol/diesel powered internal combustion engine.
Both energy sources, complement each other during operations.
When looking for a shop to service your hybrid, the biggest concern should be the mechanics’ ability to maintain, diagnose, and perform repairs competently. At Dexterwise Ltd, we’ve gone out of our way to make sure we have the tools, training, parts, and experience necessary to do the job right. We would keep your car running like new.
We don’t just perform hybrid maintenance and repair. We’ll tackle the difficult failures too, the type of stuff most independent dealerships shy away from.
Most dealerships do not admit vehicles with battery rebuilt demands in to their folds, probably because of the time consuming nature of the task, but we do.
TRACTION BATTERY(HYBRID) RECONDITIONING
Hybrid batteries, just like any other component of a vehicle, undergoes some form of wear and tear with time.
Usually, when your battery starts failing, the vehicle stalls more often, jerks in some instances, and might output a P0A80(a replace hybrid pack trouble code).
A failed hybrid pack doesn’t necessarily mean the pack is bad, but few modules must have lost their load holding capacity.
The big guys(I mean the dealerships) do not replace modules, but instead, opt for a new pack replacement, with guarantees from the brand manufacturer.
But here is the deal! We would rip through your hybrid battery, carry out nominal load tests on each of the modules, to ascertain which has low capacity, replace them with known good ones, and guarantee our repairs.
A Camry Hybrid pack on display
HERE IS THE CATCH!
AT THE SHOP
- the battery packs are tested and disassembled
- cleaned to remove dust and corrosion
- inspected for damages
- modules (cells) are reconditined and rated
- a new battery pack is rebuilt with reconditioned cells of matched ratings
- we load balance the cells to have a matched state of charge
AT POINT OF INSTALLATION
- we check your 12 volt battery to verify its OK
- then we check car for any OBD fault codes
- we verify electronically the issues your car is having
- we remove the defective battery
- we verify how many cells are bad
- we install the reconditioned battery
- we test your vehicle electronically and on a test drive to be sure everything is working perfectly
So next time you are in town, give us a call, or drive straight to our repair facility.